Oven cleaners are very toxic so I avoid them and clean my oven the old fashioned way. There are very effective ways to clean your oven without the nasty chemicals. I have an oven with a self-cleaning setting, but I don't use it very often. I learned at a young age to use the aluminum foil on the bottom of the oven, or at least on the bottom rack. I also set things on a cookie sheet if they might boil over and make a mess. These are tips I grew up with, and they still work today. If you get used to practicing these tips, you can cut down a lot on the messes you'll have to clean up later.
For greasy messes use a natural dish soap. Use baking soda sprayed with lemon juice for baked on messes. These are all items that you likely have in your kitchen already. This site has a lot of good information about cleaning your oven without chemicals, and without having to use the self-cleaning option very often.
This is another site that has more information.
No comments:
Post a Comment