So, when I mentioned I wanted to use some cinder blocks as planters, he was a bit surprised, but when I showed him what one can do with them- all of the configurations and designs- he liked the idea.
This is a site that I found that has some really spectacular ideas for using cinder block and even decorating them I love the Hens and Chicks
Eclectic Landscape design by San Francisco Artist And Artisan Mid Century Mosaics
http://www.houzz.com/photos/636982/Cinder-Block-Mosaic-Planter-eclectic-landscape-san-francisco
http://www.houzz.com/photos/636982/Cinder-Block-Mosaic-Planter-eclectic-landscape-san-francisco
http://www.houzz.com/photos/195667/Succulent-Planter-Wall-contemporary-landscape-san-diego
Here are some recommended books and tools to help you get your small space & container gardens going.
- Grow Great Grub: Organic Food from Small Spaces
- Small-Space Container Gardens: Transform Your Balcony, Porch, or Patio with Fruits, Flowers, Foliage, and Herbs
- All New Square Foot Gardening
- Classic 5" Tungsten Carbide Wheel Glass Cutter
- Jennifer's Mosaics Mosaic Tile Scorer/Breaker Tool
- Midwest Products Value Pack Bright Stained Glass
- Weldbond 8-120185 Adhesive 8-Ounce Bottle


I just found your blog and am enjoying it! Love the cinder block idea.
ReplyDeleteI have to ask...where is the house in the picture at the top of the page? Do you live there? That is my dream house! : )
Welcome to our blog Jennifer. I wish I lived in that house too. It is a cottage in England but it does remind me of some of the homes here in the Northwest.
DeleteI love the use of broken colored glass!
ReplyDeleteI do too! It's definitely on my lists of things to do this Spring.
Delete