Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Dutch Oven Roasted Chicken - Recipe

There is just something about cooking in a dutch oven that appeals to me. Even when I'm home, I have a small fire pit that I use from time to time. When the kids were younger we would have "Power Out" nights where we would pretend we were in a power outage. I would usually make our dinner in the dutch oven while we sat around the campfire.( never put the dutch oven in the campfire. Set it off to the side of the fire and use the coals to cook)

Fritz has an easy How-To for roasted chicken using a basic 12" dutch oven and a trivet. The entire cooking time for this is less than 2 hours and I have to admit it looks wonderful!


 

1 comment:

  1. I want a dutch oven soooooooo bad!!!! This looks way yummy!

    ReplyDelete