Friday, November 30, 2012

Playhouse From Cardboard Boxes - DIY

I had gone out and bought my daughter one of those play kitchens, knowing she would love it. I couldn't keep that girl out of the kitchen. Before she could walk she would sit in the kitchen banging on pots with wooden spoons (cast iron worked great for this, less noise) As you can guess on Christmas day we set it all up only to have her and her little brother play in the box it came in instead.


After that I would go down to the local appliance store once in a while and pick up a big box or purchase a large box or two from the moving company. We would cut out windows and decorate it. The hard part was, they would cry when I took it down after I felt it wasn't safe anymore. There is some great memories from those old boxes for me and the kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment