I did a plant hanger with a 22" round table at the bottom for my big front window the year we moved into this house. It was in natural jute. My hubby hung it from a swag hook buried in the ceiling into a beam, and it showed so pretty clear to the street that I had people stopping and asking me where I had got it, and even wanting to purchase it from me.
Macrame is not a hard craft, just takes some time. I found a gal that makes very beautiful jewelry with beads and macrame. This makes me want to get back to doing this craft/art again myself!
Look at the gorgeous necklaces she has done. There are also tutorials on her site.
Some Knotty Reading to get you started:
- Mod Knots: Creating Jewelry and Accessories with Macrame
- Elegant Knotted Jewelry: Techniques and Projects Using Maedeup
- Chinese, Celtic & Ornamental Knots
Supplies:
-
Pepperell Braiding Large Macrame Project Board
-
12 Super-lon #18 Cord MIX Ideal for Stringing Beading Crochet and Micro-macram Jewelry Compatible with Kumihimo Projects S-lon Fall Mix
-
Czech Glass Oval Beads in Assorted Colors & Sizes
-
200 Czech Pressed Glass Crow Roller Large Pony Beads Mix 9x7mm with 3.5mm Hole Used in Macrame and Leather Work
No comments:
Post a Comment