This is still a concept but you can find ones on the market like the one at this link: http://www.urbancultivator.net/
- Ferry-Morse 3243 Organic Seed Collection, Salad (13.43 Gram Packet)
- Lettuce Allstar Gourmet Mix 200 Seeds by David's Garden Seeds
- Survival Seed Vault - Heirloom Emergency Survival Seeds - Plant a Full Acre Crisis Victory Garden - 20 Easy-to-grow Varieties

What kind of lights do you use? Flourescent? And do you know: do LED's grow as good as flourescent lights?
ReplyDeleteGood question, Emily.
ReplyDeleteAccording to our research, you can use any kind of light that indicates it is for plants. The LED types, of course, use less electricity and last longer, so would be a better choice for the money. The point of using any lighting for indoor plants is to get the full spectrum equivalent of sun light. So, any light you choose that indicates it is specifically used for indoor plants will work. I have a very old grow light that I've used over the years, and it has done just fine. It is a light bulb that looks much like a porch security light. I just hang it over my growing area and plug it in and let it do its job. I plan to get an LED next, as I now have a small greenhouse that I use in the house, and it will work great there.
Thanks,
~Sharon & ~Scarlett