My hubby and I have mixed and poured enough concrete in the last couple of summers that for me, making a small batch for this project will be so nice! You can also get dyes in various colors for cement that mixes right in with it, or you can paint it later if you want. Don't you just love getting an idea like this for a project, then thinking up ways you can tailor it to suit yourself?
Look at these lovely homemade planters. What a fun project!
Recommended reading for more concrete projects:
- Concrete Garden Projects: Easy & Inexpensive Containers, Furniture, Water Features & More
- Concrete Crafts: Making Modern Accessories for the Home and Garden
Supplies:
- 36 Mixed Succulent Spring Collection
- 36 Cactus Misc 2inch Potted Cactus Collection
- Hirt's Lemon Button Fern 4" Pot - Nephrolepis cordifolia Duffii
- Hoffman 16504 Horticultural Perlite, 18 Quarts
- Quikrete 1317-03 Liquid Cement Color
-
DEWALT DWD115K 8 Amp 3/8-Inch VSR Mid-Handle Grip Drill Kit with Keyless Chuck
-
DEWALT DW5207 7-Piece Premium Percussion Masonry Drill Bit Set

I find this a very easy DIY job! I will definitely give it a try. I don't think I'll have any difficulty in making concrete planters. They look beautiful, aren't they!
ReplyDelete