Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pear-Cranberry Pie, Cranberry-Oatmeal Bars~ Recipes

This is such a yummy pie - and healthier for you!  I love the pears, but I think the next time I make it, I might use some Granny Smith apples- just to change it up a little bit. It tastes as good as it looks. If you don't want the ice cream, you can also use light cool whip or whipped cream from the can.




How about these cranberry oatmeal bars. Oh my, they are good, and yes, healthier! I generally go by the recipe when I am making something for the first time. Then I modify it if I want to.  I will put some nuts in the crust next time. That will give just a bit more crunch to them, and a touch of added flavor. Almonds would be good, as would pecans or walnuts. Pretty much which ever you have on hand. Just grind them up enough to work in the crust. I'd use about 1/2 cup.




Tasty reading:

No comments:

Post a Comment