Tuesday, January 29, 2013

How to Jump Start a Car

For those of us not mechanically inclined jump starting a car can be a little scary.  A while back my daughter left her lights on and ran down her battery (at least she was visiting when it happened). Although I have always made sure she had jumper cables with her, I was disappointed in myself when I realized I hadn't taught her how to use them.

I'm a full believer in teaching my kids how to do these things instead of doing it for them. So using this as an opportunity, she was clearly nervous when I handed her the cables. I stood by and walked her through the steps and chuckled a little as she put the cables on the batteries for the first time. She successfully jump started her car with no physical injuries and went home more knowledgeable and confidant.

Here is a great step-by-step video from ErictheCarGuy (once you get past the short intro)



 If you can't access the video click on this link for a picture tutorial:



Make sure you and your loved ones are prepared:


No comments:

Post a Comment