Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Make Your Own Seed Pellets

This is the time to get your seeds started for spring planting. I found this nifty way to make your own seed pellets, and it is so easy! You likely have newspaper laying around, or somebody close has some you can get. This is like 'papier mache' without the glue! Your kids can get involved in gardening with you. I love it!

Since we start our seeds early here in the Northwest, I would suggest drying these in the oven. (we don't have much warm sun around here this time of year.) Just set your oven temp on the lowest setting and check the pellets once in a while until they are completely dry.
 



 If you prefer not to make your own, you can purchase seed pellets here to get your gardening started. I use these, and they are great. I also have a mini green house that I can set up in the house or out on my deck, and the plants and seedlings love it. This is the unit I have, and it works great. I have used it for several years.  It is so easy to assemble, use, and then dis-assemble and put back into the box for storage. 





Recommended reading:

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment