Saturday, January 26, 2013

Ball Jam and Jelly Maker - Review

This little unit is a big hit with the experienced canner and the new canners out there! A friend of mine received one of these for Christmas and I don't think it has left her counter-top yet.



My friend keeps saying "I feel almost lazy when using this". She also like the fact that there is no mess and "no more burns"!

How to make Kiwi-Apple Jelly: Look how easy it is!

I think I would be more inclined to make jelly if I had this machine. I always dread the setup and cleanup so I tend to schedule my canning days.  Not with this. it takes a half hour to make and the cleanup is almost to easy.

If you have friends or young adult children, like myself, this is a great way to encourage them to can. The Jam/Jelly Maker along with the Ball® Home Canning Discovery Kit would make the perfect gift set.

The only drawbacks we have found:

  • The maker comes with a small recipe book and you will have to modify your favorite recipes to the base that they use.
  • It only makes about 4 pints at a time.

 This product definitely get a thumbs up from Refreshing Home!



Other recommended items:



No comments:

Post a Comment