Saturday, December 1, 2012

Christmas Ornament for a Granddaughter

Finally getting started on my ornaments for the grandkids for this year. Good thing I don't have that many to make!

This one is made with a purchased mini wooden unfinished bird house. I found one in my craft room that I had already painted!  YES! Less work to do here. Use acrylic craft paint for this.


I added a green ribbon (1/8 inch wide) for a hanger through the eye screw I had added on the peak of the roof. Then I glued (Dap StongStik) a mini santa ornament with a star swag in his arms to the top just in front of the hanger. I'm making it look like he is getting ready to hang the swag on the front of the house over the door. You can see better in this photo that I had painted a wreath around the door.



I added some 'snow' with Skribbles Snow Writer paint, and I just hope santa has a good grip on that roof! (you can also use Snow-tex glistening paint)


So, here's the finished ornament. I added this granddaughter's name, year, and 'gramma name' on the bottom of the house.  I think this turned out pretty cute, and she'll love it.
Sharon

Craft made by Sharon


No comments:

Post a Comment